Materials Complaint Process for Patrons
The staff of the Provo City Library takes seriously all customer concerns involving our selection of materials. The following is our process for reevaluating materials:
1. Obtain a Patron Request for Reconsideration of Library Material Form at any of the Library's Reference Desks or online.
2. Fill out the form. You may turn in the completed form at any service desk or mail it to the Director at Provo City Library, 550 North University Avenue, Provo, Utah 84601 .
3. You may read a copy of our Materials Selection Policy at any time by accessing the policy online or by asking for a print copy. The Materials Selection Policy, as approved by the Provo City Library Board, indicates the criteria the library staff uses to select material for the collection.
4. A member of the Management Team will send you an acknowledgment that he or she received your Reconsideration form. The staff member will also indicate the time frame within which you can expect a written response.
5. The Manager will evaluate the item in accordance with the Library’s Materials Selection Policy, discuss the material with the library staff, and make a decision as to whether or not to retain the item in the collection.
6. A response letter from the Manager will be mailed within the time frame indicated in his/her acknowledgment letter.
7. If you are dissatisfied with the Manager’s decision you may appeal the decision to the Library Director and the Provo City Library Board by asking that your request for reconsideration of a library item be placed on the agenda of the next Board Meeting that you can attend. The Board will listen to your reconsideration request and respond to your complaint.