Come see our beautiful Library and learn about our programs and services.
- Tours last about 30 to 60 minutes, depending on how much you want to see.
- Groups larger than 20 will be divided into smaller groups.
- All tours must be requested at least one week in advance.
- Our self-guided tour brochure can be printed or is available anytime at the 1st Floor Reference Desk.
Provo City Library at Academy Square
Get an overview of the whole library, including highlights of the historic Academy Building and a quick tour of the Library departments in both buildings. We’ve got a lot to show you, so plan on about an hour for this tour.
Request a 30-minute guided tour through the past in our historic Academy wing. Or, do it yourself with our self-guided tour brochure. Copies also available at the Reference Desk.
The Attic at Academy Square
The Attic at Academy Square brings in a variety of art, science, and history traveling exhibits. Housed on the 4th floor of the historic Academy Wing, we rotate exhibits every 6-10 weeks so there’s always something new to see.
Request a tour by calling 801-852-7685, or stop by any time we’re open for a self-guided tour.
Get the insider’s view of the Library facilities, services, and programs for adults and teens.
Request Form (included in Traveling Librarian form) »
- To request a tour of the Children's Department, call the Children's Desk at 801-852-6682 or fill our the Request Form (included in Traveling Librarian form).
- Tours must be requested at least one week before desired date.
- No tours available before 12:00 noon Tuesdays - Fridays because of Story Time.
- Request special topics at the time of calling.
Tours may include any of the following:
- What is a library? How do I get a library card?
- Book care
- History of the book
- Computer demonstration
- Reading of a new picture book
Not seeing what you want? Check out our Traveling Librarian Presentations for customized presentations or activities that fit your needs.
Request a Tour
To request one of the above tours fill out the Library Tour Request Form. Or call the Reference Desk at 801-852-6661 to have a librarian take your request over the phone.