Summer Reading Kickoff
Sign up HERE
Saturday, June 2, 2018
9:00 am—5:00 pm on the 3rd Floor
Join us for activities and games galore! Register for Summer Reading online at the library or at home. Each family member who registers at the kickoff event will get a voucher for a free book at the used book sale in the 3rd floor ballroom!
Sign up HERE
We're excited to once again offer THREE programs this year!
- Lil' Rockers (ages 0-3): TALK, SING, READ, WRITE, or PLAY with your child at least 80 times during the 8 week program (approximately twice a day for 5 days each week)
- Rock 'n Rollers (ages 4-8): Read at least 20 minutes each day for 5 days per week (a minimum total of 800 minutes)
- Rock Stars (ages 9-12): Read at least 4 books during the 8 week program
- Tracking: You may track your reading on an unofficial paper tracking sheet, but please log your reading online to earn points and badges and win prizes. All reading must be logged online by Friday, July 27 at 11:59 p.m.
- Secret Code Challenges: Attend library programs and complete challenges throughout the summer to receive secret codes, earn badges, and win prizes!
- Badges: Badges are unlocked by logging books, completing challenges, and attending library programs.
- 5 badges (5 points) = 1 treasure box prize (up to 20 total treasure box prizes while supplies last)
- Halfway Prize: Halfway prizes can be claimed starting July 2. When you have finished 50% of your program, come to the Children’s Desk to receive a prize!
- Final Prize: Final prizes can be claimed from July 23 - 28. When you have completed the 100% of your program, come to the Children’s Desk to receive an age-level completion prize, a free book, and a ticket to the End of Summer Reading Pool Party!
- End of Summer Reading Pool Party: Saturday, July 28, 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Join us at the Provo Recreation Center Outdoor Pool for swimming and treats at our exclusive pool party for those who finish the Summer Reading program!