CALL FOR ENTRIES
Provo residents of all ages are invited to submit works of art for the Provo City Library’s annual amateur art show. The purpose of this juried show is to encourage and cultivate the creativity of Provo’s amateur artists (an amateur artist is someone who does not derive a steady income from, or teach, art). We accept entries in 2-D and 3-D visual art, including (but not limited to) paintings, drawings, photographs, sculpture, ceramic, glass, and metal art.
Prizes will be awarded in the following age-based categories:
- Children (ages 3-12)
- Teens (ages 13-18)
- Adults (ages 18 and above)
- Entrance in the show is limited to Provo residents.
- No more than 3 entries per participant. Entry in the show does not guarantee acceptance to the show.
- Art works must not depict nudity, extreme violent content, or use harsh language.
- Art works may not contain perishable materials or glitter.
- Art works need to adhere to the following guidelines:
- GUIDELINES FOR 2-D ART:All pieces must be ready to hang with hanging wire. Frames are recommended. No piece may exceed 50 inches in any dimension.
- GUIDELINES FOR 3-D ART: All pieces must be ready for safe display. If a piece needs to be placed in a display case, it must not exceed 16 inches in height. Non-breakable pieces must not exceed 60 inches in any dimension.* 3-D pieces may be excluded from the show if we feel we are unable to display them safely.
HOW TO ENTER
All entries must be submitted electronically (links below). ENTRIES ARE DUE AT MIDNIGHT ON FEBRUARY 28, 2019.
- Deadline to apply: February 28
- Notification to artists: April 5
- Art intake: May 2-4
- Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony: May 10
- Show closes: May 31
- Art pickup: June 3-7
Not sure if you want to frame your artwork? Read our guide on some quick and easy ways to get your art ready to hang!
Questions? Contact Erika Hill: 801-852-7685