The Crane Maternity Home was opened in about 1926 by Mrs. Elizabeth Ann Crane. It seems likely that she did this soon after the death of her husband in December 1925. Her husband, Elias William Crane (1881-1925), had been in mining up to the time of his death. The maternity home began in Elizabeth’s home at 470 East 300 South in Provo. By 1929 she had moved her residence and the maternity home to 382 South University Ave. The maternity home closed about 1939 coinciding roughly with the opening of the Provo General Hospital.