The earliest settlers in Provo were members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. During the first two years they were all part of the Salt Lake Stake. This changed in 1851 when the Salt Lake Stake was divided into the Weber, Salt Lake, and Provo Stakes.
In 1852 the city's residents were divided into 4 "wards" or congregations, each with its own Bishop administering the affairs of the ward. The city was divided up by the main north-south street (now University Avenue) and the primary east-west street which is now Center Street. At this same time, a 5th ward was created which consisted of everyone north of Provo River as far as Pleasant Grove.
Provo 1st Ward
Provo 2nd Ward
Provo 4th Ward
Provo 5th Ward In 1883 the Provo 5th Ward was divided and the Lakeview Ward was created (needs verification).
Provo Tabernacle (1st)
Utah Stake Tabernacle