Originally the Provo Business Men's Association, the Provo Commercial Club tried to foster commercial development of all kinds in early 20th century Provo.
The following is taken from Pictorial Provo: An Illustrated Industrial Review of Provo the Garden City of Utah by Wm. M. Wilson (1910):
Provo has a well established and wide-awake Commercial Club, whose scope includes every conceivable public matter. Its endeavors are, to at all time faithfully and ably represent the whole people of the city and to aid and encourage every enterprise conducive to its upbuilding, as well as to bring into effect better laws, better conditions and a higher state of civilization.
Composed of gentlemen prominent in business and educational circles, it has been a powerful factor in bringing about the present excellent municipal condition, and its members take just pride in their efforts to make of Provo the premier educational and commercial city of the Inter-Mountain West. 1 Wm. M. Wilson, Pictorial Provo: An Illustrated Industrial Review of Provo the Garden City of Utah ([Provo? : Provo Commercial Club?], 1910), p. [ii].
The club met on the 2nd floor of the Provo Meat Packing Co. on J Street (University Avenue). 2 "Provo Meat and Packing Co.," Deseret Evening News, 16 Dec 1905, p. 91.