The Hotel Roberts was built in 1882 at 192 South J Street (later Academy Ave., yet later University Ave.) and was owned by W. D. Roberts, Jr. (1 William M. Wilson, Pictorial Provo: An Illustrated Industrial Review of Provo, the Garden City of Utah ([Provo: The Commercial Club], 1910).
The hotel was three stories and had accomodations for upwards of 90 guests. The hotel featured a general dining room, with meals supplied in part by vegetables from the hotel's own vegetable garden and milk and butter from its own herd of Jersey cows. The hotel was situated on the west side of the street and faced the mountains.
The hotel was used in its last years to house the homeless. It was purchased around 1995 by Jo Ann and Scott Mills with the intent to restore the hotel, but due to several factors, including a lack of investors in the project, the hotel was closed in the Fall of 2003 and subsequently demolished in November of 2004.