Library Cards for Provo City Educators
Provo City Library waives the nonresident fee for educators working for the Provo City School District.
How to Obtain a Provo City Educator Library Card:
- Complete an application available at the Circulation Desk or print a card application.
- Present the completed application along with ALL of the following at the Circulation Desk:
- Address Verification - Mail postmarked within the last 3 months, a rent receipt/contract, or preprinted checks
- Photo Identification - Picture ID issued by a government, school, or employer
- Proof of Employment at a Provo school - School Picture ID, insurance card, or pay stub from the school
Guidelines for the Educator:
- Use the educator library card for materials to supplement your teaching.
- Use materials in your classroom only. Library materials are not to be sent home with students.
- You are financially responsible for all items on your card.
- Please refrain from checking out all items on a particular topic.
Tell Us What You're Studying
Students and teachers! Please help us provide the best possible service by alerting us to upcoming assignments.
The Children’s Department offers the following services to teachers. For more information about these services call the Children’s Department at 801-852-6682.
- Stories and tours for school classes. Please call a week ahead to schedule tours.
- Reading lists by topic and grade level.
- Top of the Morning Book Review: First Thursday of each month at 7:00 am during the school year. Librarians and educators share and review new books.
- Educational DVDs.
- Large size picture book collection.
Services for Schools
The Library is here to help you. We offer a number of services designed specifically for students and schools. To learn more about any Library service, please contact the Library at 801-852-6661.
Test Proctoring Services
The Provo City Library can administer exams for institutions including distance learning centers, colleges and universities, and licensing agencies. Staff members will act as proctors and will verify identification, ensure that the time limit for taking the test is adhered to, and see that the completed test is returned in the manner specified.