The Provo City Library will reopen to the public on June 1 at 10:00 am. Those interested in coming to the library are encouraged to follow all health protocols recommended by the governor and the Utah Department of Health.
The Provo City Library will be reopening with the following provisions:
The library will be open the following hours:
- Monday – Friday, 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- At-risk hours: Tuesday and Thursday, 9:00 am – 10:00 am
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Any patrons exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 are asked to remain home until symptoms have subsided.
- Any library employees exhibiting symptoms will be asked to remain home from work.
- Patrons and employees are encouraged to remain at least six feet from others while in the library.
- Masks are encouraged.
- Patrons are asked to limit their time in the library.
Patrons are still encouraged to utilize curbside pick-up for library materials. Curbside pick-up will be available at the following times:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, Thursday: 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Public computers are available to Library cardholders for up to two hours a day. Time will not be extended.
- A Library card is required to use a computer; guest passes will not be issued. Those with a photo ID will be issued an Internet Only Library card that offers up to two hours of usage per day.
- Computer users must check in and out at the Reference Desk before using a computer. Computer stations will be cleaning between uses.
- Computer users must wear masks.
- No computers will be available in the Children’s Department of the Library.
FINES FOR OVERDUE MATERIALS
- Fines for overdue materials will not accrue during the month of June.
- Patrons are encouraged to return all materials through the book drops.
- Fines will begin accruing on late materials beginning July 1.
MEETING ROOM USE
- Occupancy limits for meeting rooms are greatly reduced and will be enforced.
- Room reservations can be made no more than 60 days in advance; the library reserves the right to cancel and refund all reservations in the event of a heightened risk level.
- Private study rooms, the Basement Creative Lab, and small meeting rooms are not available for use or reservation at this time.