IS YOUR CHILD READY FOR KINDERGARTEN?
Reading aloud with your child every day helps build their vocabulary and language skills. We want to support you in your efforts to help prepare your child for school. Get a head start on this important early literacy preparation by joining the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten reading challenge and read at least 1000 books with your child before they begin school -- your child is never too young to begin!
SIGN UP HERE any time of the year! Currently the registration page will first say you are registering your child for the Winter Reading Challenge; however, once you input your child's information, it will give you the option to register them for the Winter Reading challenge, the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program, or both.
IF YOUR CHILD ALREADY HAS A BEANSTACK ACCOUNT from previous reading challenges, the option to register for the 1000 Books program will be in their account. Please call the Children's Desk at 801-852-6682 with any questions!
HOW IT WORKS
- Use your Provo City Library card to sign up online or at the Children's Desk (child must be 4 or under). Receive your free 1000 Books Before Kindergarten tote bag that you can use to carry any books you check out from the library.
- Start reading! Log the books you read with your child either online or on your phone in the free Beanstack Tracker app. The first badge will cover books 1-100.
- When you have completed your first 100 books, come to the Children's Desk where your child will receive a sticker and can choose a prize from the treasure box.
- Continue reading! After each 100 books, return to the Children's Desk to pick up a sticker and a prize. We want to encourage you and your child along the way!
- When you complete your final badge (books 901-1000!) before your child begins kindergarten, come to the Children's Desk for a sticker, a prize, and your certificate of completion.
- Each August we will host a 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Completion Party for all of the children who have completed the program that year. Let's celebrate your awesome achievement!