The Attic at Academy Square is the Provo City Library's brand new exhibit space dedicated to bringing in the best art, science, and history exhibits from around the country.
Location & Hours of Operation
The Attic is located on the 4th floor of the Academy Wing of the Library, accessible only by elevator. Use the elevator at the West end of the building.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday-Friday: 5-9 PM
Saturday: 1-6 PM
Other viewings by appointment; call 801-852-7685 to schedule a tour.
We are currently rotating exhibits; our next exhibit opens January 30, 2017.
Call for Entries: 3rd Annual Homegrown Art Show
Provo residents of all ages are invited to submit works of art for the Provo City Library’s annual amateur art show. The purpose of this juried show is to encourage and cultivate the creativity of Provo’s amateur artists (an amateur artist is someone who does not derive a steady income from, or teach, art). We accept entries in 2-D and 3-D visual art, including (but not limited to) paintings, drawings, photographs, sculpture, ceramic, glass, and metal art.
Prizes will be awarded in the following age-based categories:
- Children (ages 3-12)
- Teens (ages 13-18)
- Adults (ages 18 and above)
- Entrance in the show is limited to Provo residents.
- No more than 3 entries per participant. Entry in the show does not guarantee acceptance to the show.
- Art works must not depict nudity, extreme violent content, or use harsh language.
- Art works may not contain perishable materials or glitter.
- Art works need to adhere to the following guidelines:
- GUIDELINES FOR 2-D ART:
- All pieces must be ready to hang with hanging wire. Frames are recommended.
- No piece may exceed 50 inches in any dimension.
- GUIDELINES FOR 3-D ART:
- All pieces must be ready for safe display. If a piece needs to be placed in a display case, it must not exceed 16 inches in height.
- Non-breakable pieces must not exceed 60 inches in any dimension. 3-D pieces may be excluded from the show if we feel we are unable to display them safely.
HOW TO ENTER
All entries must be submitted electronically. Fill out an electronic application (links below) and then submit digital image(s) to email@example.com. ENTRIES ARE DUE AT MIDNIGHT ON FEBRUARY 28, 2017. Entrants will be notified of acceptance by April 1.
Children's Entries »
Teen Entries »
Adult Entries »