Kids' Summer Reading Program 2013
June 1 - July 25
- Sign up at the library beginning Saturday, June 1 from 10 am - 6 pm in the Library Ballroom or online at home.
- Set your own reading goals of how many minutes you will read each session and record your goal on your chart.
- Read books from Provo Library. The number of books checked out helps us to monitor the success of our Summer Reading Program.
- Read six days a week. You may read ahead or catch up if you get behind. You may read more than your reading goal, but you may only collect one prize.
- Halfway Prize: Halfway prizes can be claimed starting June 24. When you have finished half of your reading goal, come to the Childrenâ€™s Desk to receive a prize! If you are using a paper reading log, please be sure to bring it.
- End Prize: Final prizes can be claimed from July 20 - 25. When you complete your entire reading goal, come to the Childrenâ€™s Desk to receive a free book and a ticket to the End of Summer Reading Party.
- End of Summer Reading Party: Thursday, July 25, 8:30 pm â€“ 10:00 pm.
- Exclusive pool party for those who finish the summer reading program. Swimming and treats at the Veterans Memorial Pool, 450 W 500 N, Provo. You may use your pass on Friday, July 26 or Saturday, July 27 if you are unable to come to the party.
Provo Library stresses the importance of relaxed but consistent daily reading. The goal is to establish a regular daily habit of reading. There are no rules about the number of pages, number of books, or specific genres of books. Simply read each day, six days a week at your own speed. Parents and older sibling can read to children as well.
Last Updated on Monday, 13 May 2013 14:03