Begins June 3, 2017!
We're excited to offer not one, but THREE programs this year!
- Rookies (ages 0-3): Set a goal for the number of minutes you will TALK, SING, READ, WRITE, or PLAY each day with your child (minimum 10 minutes) for 5 days per week
- Minors (ages 4-8): Set a goal for the number of minutes you will read each day (minimum 15 minutes) for 5 days per week
- Majors (ages 9-12): Set a goal for the number of books you will read this summer (minimum 3 books)
- Tracking: You may track your reading on an unofficial paper tracking sheet, but please log your reading online to earn points and medals and win prizes. All reading must be logged online by July 29 at 11:59 p.m.
- Rookies: 5 minutes = 1 point
- Minors: 5 minutes = 1 point
- Majors: 1 book = 10 points
- Secret Code Challenges: Attend library programs and complete challenges throughout the summer to receive secret codes, earn online points and medals, and win prizes!
- Children's Department Programs = 3 points
- Library-wide Programs = 6 points
- Avatars: Earn points by reading, attending programs, and completing challenges to level up and unlock new pieces for your individual sports avatar!
- A new avatar level will be unlocked for every 5 points earned for up to 20 new avatars.
- Halfway Prize: Halfway prizes can be claimed starting July 5. When you have finished 50% of your reading goal, come to the Children’s Desk to receive a prize!
- Final Prize: Final prizes can be claimed from July 26 - 30. When you have completed the 100% of your reading goal, come to the Children’s Desk to receive a free book and a ticket to the End of Summer Reading Party!
- End of Summer Reading Party: Saturday, July 30, 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Exclusive pool party for those who finish the Summer Reading program. Swimming, Olympic games, and treats at the Provo Recreation Center Outdoor Pool and adjacent North Park, 450 W 500 N.
- Pool Party: 10:00 - 11:30 am
- Park Activities: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm