Interlibrary Loan Request Form Obituary Request Form
What is Interlibrary Loan and what do I need to know before requesting an item?
- Interlibrary loan (ILL) is borrowing and lending materials between libraries.
- Anyone with a Provo City Library card in good standing may request an ILL item.
- We do not charge for interlibrary loans. If the item you requested is only available with charges, we will consult you before borrowing the item.
- Please see the Interlibrary Loan Policy for more information.
What can I request from Interlibrary Loan?
- Books and Audio/Visual materials- The publication date should be older then six months.
- Newspapers - Photocopies of specific articles may be requested.
- Magazines - Photocopies of specific articles or whole issues may be requested. Most libraries will send or fax articles; some will lend the entire magazine.
How do I request an item?
- Fill out the ILL Request Form, at an Adult Reference Desk, or over the phone ( 801-852-6661).
- Only three requests may be active at a time.
- You must fill in your name, library card number, contact information, and the full title and author of the requested item. Please include an ISBN if possible and other information as necessary.
What happens after I make a request?
- Materials usually arrive within 2-3 weeks, but there is no way to predict the actual arrival date.
- When the item arrives we will call or send you an email. We will also notify you if we are unable to borrow your requested item.
- Items may be picked up at the 1st Floor Reference Desk.
- The lending library sets the loan period. Each item will be marked with a Provo City Library band that will indicate when the item is due. Please do not remove the band.
- Items may be returned by either placing them in the book drop or returning them to the 1st Floor Reference Desk.
- There is a late fee of $0.50 per day owed to the Provo City Library. You are also responsible for any late fees to the lending library.
- Renewals depend on the lending library. If you need additional time, please check with us at least three business days before the due date.
If you have any other questions, please contact the Reference Desk at 801-852-6661.
Requesting an Obituary from The Daily Herald
Obituary Request Form
- Provo City Library owns microfilmed copies of the Provo Daily Herald and its predecessors dating back to 1888 (with some years and issues missing for the first forty years).
- Anyone is welcome to come to the Provo City Library and search the microfilm of The Daily Herald on their own. The machines are located in the copy room on the First Floor of the Rogers New Wing.
- If you are not from the Provo area, we will be happy to mail you a copy of your request. Please fill out the Obituary Request Form.
- To see if the obituary is in The Daily Herald, check the Utah County Obituary Index.
- Please include the following information in your email:
- Full name of deceased
- Death date
- Your e-mail address
Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.