Provo Pressed Brick began to be used in addition to or instead of adobe bricks.
The first Tabernacle or "Old Meeting House" was dedicated. Begun in 1856 and basically completed by 1861, this dedication did not occur until the plastering was complete. The building stood facing Center Street until it was torn down in 1918.
The Provo 5th Ward was divided and the Lakeview Ward was created.
Schools were renamed: * John Clifton Moffitt, A Century of Public Education in Provo, Utah (Provo, Utah: [s.n.], 1944) 52.
Central School became Parker School
East School became Webster School
West School became Franklin School
Northwest School became Timpanogos School
North School no. 19 became Page School
Far North School became Mountain School
The Academy Theater opened in 1945 and finally closed on December 10, 1998. The theater had been located at 56 (later renumbered to 64) North University Avenue until it was torn down in the early months of 2004 to make way for the new Wells Fargo Building.